India has truly become a start-up ‘Nation’. Since 2010, The Indian technology start-ups landscape has seen a tremendous growth towards creation of innovative startups and this country, a home to a new breed of young startups, has clearly evolved to become the third largest base of technology start-ups in the world, with total funding in 2015 grown 125% over 2014. Start-ups have substantially contributed to Indian Economy by enhancing citizen’s life style, building innovative solutions and growing opportunities for stakeholders. Technology driven start ups are trying to disrupt every aspect of a consumer’s life, creating significant growth opportunities for every stakeholder within the ecosystem. Business Tycoons like Ratan Tata and Azim Premji have already invested in number of Start Ups. Shri N R Narayana Murthy has also become an Angel Investor.
Out of 4,000+ start ups, Bangalore (28%) and Delhi NCR (24%) accounts for more than 50% of the Start ups in the country. Around 500 active investors (VCs, PEs and angel investors) have funded $ 2.3 billion to start ups in Delhi NCR alone. More than 40% start ups are founded by engineering graduates and post graduates (40% being young, below 30 years), majority of them are IIT graduates.
This event has been conceptualized and inspired by very successful Start Up Master Classes earlier organized three times in Bangalore by AA IIT Kanpur Bangalore Chapter.
To support Start Up India initiative of the Government of India, the program is to create and grow an ecosystem that fosters entrepreneurship. An ecosystem where IIT alumni interact freely to pitch their ideas, to ease the funding pressure and to solve the problems they face in their entrepreneurial journey. It will enable IIT alumni to learn the intricacies of setting up and running a successful Technology driven Start Up from the experts while appreciating the challenges and the sustainability of the Start ups. Regulatory complexities have always poised one of the major challenges for start ups. The IIT alumni will be exposed to Business Plan Document preparation, applicable Corporate and Taxation laws as well as Government Schemes and Regulatory Issues. They will interact with Accelerators, Angel Investors, Venture Capitalists, Private Equity providers for fund raising for their unique start ups. Senior IIT alumni will act as mentors to ignite the bright minds.
IIT alumni, bubbling with brilliant innovative ideas, are keen to be their own boss. What they need today is someone to show the right path and hand hold them to success.
EventThe event has been configured to be equally useful to participants:
- Who are bubbling with innovative ideas to set up a new start up.
- Who are in the process of setting up a technology driven Start Up and are looking for first phase of funding and mentorship.
- Who have already founded a technology driven start up and need second phase funding for scaling up.
- Who wants to explore possibilities of partnership / support from the Government / Corporate Houses
- Who are Angel Investors, Accelerators and Venture Capitalists looking for right investment opportunities.
Registration, Networking and Hi Tea
Venue: LAKSHMIPAT SINGHANIA AUDITORIUM
Guest of Honour
Key Note Addresses
Start Up India – Government Initiatives, Regulations & Support
Success Stories of Chasing Passion, Challenges and Sustainability
Inspiring Panel Discussion of Selected Innovative Start Ups Icons
Lunch Break and Networking
Addresses from Selected Investors
SAIF Partners, Lead Angels, Indian Angel Network, Crest Capital And others
Pitch by selected Startups to panel of Investors and get evaluated.
Networking and Hi Tea
ONE TO ONE MEETINGS IN SHRIRAM HALL
There will be many round tables for participants for one to one meetings (max 20 minutes each meeting) with Accelerators, Angel Investors, Venture Capitalists, Private Equity providers.
In addition there will be few round tables to provide mentoring, guidance and advice on
- Preparation of Business Plan Document
- Corporate and Taxation laws
- Government Schemes and Regulatory Issues
- Hiring & Retaining Talent
PRODUCT / SERVICE SHOWCASE IN MODI HALL
Limited number of Showcase Stalls (2 m X 2 m) are available to IIT alumni to showcase their products and services @ Rs 25,000 per stall
Note: The schedule will be suitably modified based on the feedbacks received from registered participants
WISDOM"Start-ups are the engines of exponential growth, manifesting the power of innovation."
Shri Narendra Modi, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India
Besides Cabinet Ministers, Government of India, Start Ups Wisdom will be shared by the top Government Officials, Start Up Icons, leading Accelerators, Angel Investors, Venture Capitalists, Private Equity providers and senior IIT alumni Entrepreneurs / Mentors.
Takeaways for the Participants
- Guidance for Preparation of Business Plan Document
- One to one meeting with Investors
- Networking with successful Start Up Icons
- Guidance on Corporate and Taxation laws
- Exposure to Government Schemes and Regulatory Issues
- Networking with all stake holders of Start Up Ecosystem
- Exploring collaboration possibilities with Corporate / Government
Takeaways for the Investors
- Investment Opportunities in innovative technology driven Start Ups
- One to one meeting with Brilliant IIT Alumni
- Knowledge sharing
- Networking with all the stake holders of Start Up Ecosystem